Top 10 REASONS I HOME SCHOOL
[amazon_link asins=’1942192207,1604187808,1523805927,B076MH68BT,B075H5R1KS,0609805851,0374380201,1305089014,1539313875′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’buchtelassoci-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’be58d53f-b456-11e8-9118-dd16b739b1f3′]
- Fear! School is scary. I mean seriously sending your children to school is no longer safe. The new norm is to have bomb threats on the regular. Normal is preparing for a mass school shooting. My oldest was scared in his desk. One of the places that should be the safest for them is no longer safe at all.
- Time! When the kids are in school all day long. Coming home there is dinner and homework. Then if there is any after school activities those get crammed in. So before you know it your getting the kids ready for bed and preparing them for the next day of school. Where on earth is the time to spend enjoying each other???!!!
- The Numbers! A few years ago my child wrote a essay while sitting on a computer inside a public school math class. Her essay spoke of how she was just a number sitting in that desk. That the teachers were unable to individualize her learning. She counted how many times the teacher walked by her not noticing she was not working on math. The teacher even handed her the essay from the printer not noticing what it was. My child knew she was just a number and she was right.
- Pressure! At a football game standing on the sidelines against the fencing I was cheering for my son in the marching band. I overheard teenage girls talking about how they had been pressured into some pretty tough situations. Thinking to myself my daughter will too be pressured because the need to fit in is so great in public school.
- My Experience! I home school my kids because I watched them having the same experiences I did. Guess what I dropped out of those! So maybe changing it up can prevent history from repeating itself.
- Growth at their pace! The best thing with home school is there is no need to rush through an area we are struggling to catch up to the rest. We can tailor growth to our child’s needs. No test that must be done this week. If we need more time to master the subject we just take more time. Mastering everything not just passing it! Such a difference there is.
- Get Up And Move! Have you ever tried to contain a child with adhd? Tell him to sit in a seat and watch me give lesson’s? It’s impossible!!!! Home schooling means they can move! Get up and move about the room while reading if you need too. Tap your foot because guess what your not disturbing anyone! You do what you need to learn because that is your only job. It’s not your job at home to worry how your learning effects others.
- Everything Is a Field Trip. Public school field trips seem to be fewer and further between. With more and more kids getting punishments excluding them from these learning opportunities. Home schooling everything is a field trip. Seriously everything and everywhere is a learning opportunity at your finger tips! Grasp it and enjoy!